THE DETAILS ARE IN THE DESIGN
Conventional silicon solar panels (PV panels) absorb 86% of sun light and converts a fraction, about 1/5th of it to electricity. The remaining 4/5th of the energy is wasted as heat in the silicon solar panels. It is this wasted heat that ThermoVolt solar panel uses to produce hot water.
ThermoVolt Solar panel is made of 72 silicon cells that are designed with a proprietary high temperature, thermally conductive encapsulation material. The heat generated at the silicon cell is transported to a heat exchanger at the bottom of the panel through a thermally conductive encapsulation material. The heat exchanger transfers the heat to the water passing through it. The entire panel is insulated on all sides and on top to prevent loss of heat to atmosphere. The panels are designed to fit into a standard PV mounting hardware, so the installation is similar to std. PV panels. The plumbing for the water in the panels are done via 3/4in Copper female adapters.
ThermoVolt Solar panel is 315 W electric panel, rated to generate 1.7 KWh of electricity and 15,700 BTU's of heat, i.e. 160 liters of hot water @ 140 deg Fahrenheit at SRCC 'C' test conditions.
- Industry leading >65% combined electrical + thermal efficiency.
- Hot water + Electricity from same panel.
- Generates 1.7kWh of electricity and 15,700 BTU's of heat, i.e. 160 liters of hot water at 140 deg Fahrenheit, per day at SRCC 'C' test conditions.
- Higher energy density than std. PV panel and solar thermal panel combo.
- Standardized - Panel fits regular PV mounting system.
- Aesthetics - uniform panel for both heat and electricity.
- Ease of installation - Quick connect plumbing.
- Patent pending encapsulation material and design.